Thursday, May 1, 2014

P2X Week 1: Eat to LIVE…Don't live to EAT


GOOD MORING ALL! SO glad to have you all here and joining in for the P2X challenge! 
It's Week 1, Day 1 and you are headed for 2 weeks of cleansing and super charging your health! 
Way to make a different for your body, mind, and soul! I am proud of you, and I feel blessed to do this with you! 

Focus of the Week:
When you start to feel yourself reaching or desiring something that is not apart of our challenge, take a moment to stop and pray for yourself and another member of this challenge. Pray for strength, satisfaction, self-control, a renewed mind toward food, and freedom! It is God's desire that we are nourished and free! Food should not enslave us, but nourish and support us. 

Remember…
We want to EAT to LIVE
NOT live to eat. 

Tip of the Week: 
Because God designed us to obtain energy and strength from food, we have to eat to function! So we must learn to Eat to LIVE, not live to Eat. It's important to make sure you are getting enough to live and function on. DON'T starve yourself. Anytime your hungry between breakfast and dinner grab a smoothie or fresh juice and or snack on plant based foods. Too many times when we challenge ourselves with food we deprive ourselves of nutrients. That is not the case for this challenge. P2X is about challenging ourselves to maximize our plant intake and eliminate the foods that don't help our bodies function at top performance. Top Performance comes from proper nutrition and focus which you will obtain as you commit to drinking/eating those life giving plant foods each time your hungry. 

Recipe of the Week:

The Green Machine Smoothie
* 4 large handfuls of spinach
* 1 cucumber 
* 2 oranges
* 1/4 banana
*1 tablespoon of V-C powder
*Hemp Seeds (sprinkled ontop) 
You may here me say….Hemp and Chia seeds are to smoothies what sprinkles are to ice-cream. 
And I mean that! They really are delicious and add an amazing texture to your smoothie or juice. 

Start off strong and know that every meal is a victory toward health and freedom! It's not bondage, it's not hard, it's fun, life giving, and freeing! I love a quote from a health documentary that said, "It's not that I can't have that processed food, I can, it's that I don't WANT it!"  Isn't that so freeing?!

Remember that there are some recipes under the "Labels" tab on the right side of the blog. Also,  comment below and share your day or recipe with us. Also, if you want to be included in email updates you must "FOLLOW" the blog by clicking on the word  "Follow" on the right side of the blog. 

 Have a blessed day! Can't wait to hear how your first day was! Lovs! 

3 comments :

  1. Day 1: How did you do? Today I woke up and had a big smoothie which was great and filling. Lunch was a littler harder as I was out shopping. I did grab a salad and a smoothie as well. Dinner was delicious and I was looking forward to it. I need up making stuffed Southwest style quino bell peppers. oh, they were just what I needed. For dessert I had sliced bananas, strawberries, and mangos. I feel satisfied. What did you have today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I did get a little hungry between lunch and dinner, I grabbed an apple and a some water. I actually had plans to drink another smoothie, but I got busy making dinner and forgot. Before I knew it I was nibbling on some dinner scraps while making it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 2! Way to go all! Today was pretty good for me, busy, but I made it. I will say after dinner tonight I was craving something a little sweet. I plan on making a little smoothie tonight for dessert, but sat down to write first. Today I had a variety of smoothies, ww toast, and for dinner we had Lettuce wraps and baked sweet potato fries. It was yummy and satisfying. What did you have today? What smoothie did you try?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!