Tuesday, May 6, 2014

P2X: Featured Friend

Hey all! Way to hang in there for the 6th day of P2X. I know your feeling the difference now! I have a little something to keep you motivated from a sweet friend and challenge participant. Here is Dana…

Hello, my name is Dana.  I’m married to my amazing husband of 14 years and we have two awesome boys ages 10 and 9.  I love the Lord and enjoy singing praise and worship music unto Him. I work full-time in corporate recruiting.  I also enjoy watching local sports teams with my family.

I’m super excited about the P2X Challenge!  It is exactly what I have been praying for to help get me motivated.  With this challenge I hope to jumpstart my weight loss goals, gain more energy, and make healthy greens a staple on my plate.  So far, I already feel more energetic and lighter on my feet! My favorite go to healthy snack is a carrot, apple, ginger juice.  

Favorite Snack:
One of my favorite simple desserts is either strawberry or raspberry sorbet made with ice, frozen fruit, and coconut water (or with a little almond milk added for a creamier taste).  

Favorite favorite plant-based recipes:
Sweet Potato & Carrot Fries
Ingredients
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
2 large Carrots
2 tbsp Olive or Coconut Oil
1 tsp. ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, and slice each halve into 4 equal wedges.
For the carrots, cut in half crosswise into two chunks. Slice each chunk lengthwise into 2 pieces, and cut each piece into 2 or 3 wedges, making them roughly the same size as the potatoes.
Put the potato and carrot wedges into a bowl and toss with the oil, cumin, pepper and salt.
Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is tender and the outside is lightly browned and the edges slightly crisp.

(Instead of ketchup, I dip my fries in a little balsamic vinegar.  Very tasty!)

Motivational tips:  I want to share with all of you in the challenge are to begin by choosing 2 or 3 Juice or Smoothie recipes that you think you might like, keep it simple, and prepare your lunches and snacks the night before if you have to go to work each day.  Preparation is key!

Wow! What great tips and delicious recipes from Dana! Thanks so much girl! You are awesome and inspiring! Keep up the great work! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!