Tuesday, April 29, 2014

P2X- Tips and Shopping List

Hey all! Can you believe our challenge is almost here!  Only 2 More Days until P2X!
YEAH! I am so excited! Are you? 

Well as I have been getting ready I have had a few of you emailed me with some great questions. I want to share some of those questions, and it also got me thinking about some things you will need as a base to start your challenge.

The majority of my items I buy at Costco, because I can get more for my money. Here is a photo of a few of my costco buys, but I wanted to show you the Chia sees, Hemp Seeds, and Flax Seed. You can also click HERE to see another post about buying at Costco for a plant based focus.


Shopping List:
Fresh greens
Fresh Fruit
Frozen fruit of choice
Flaxseed mill
Hemp Seeds
Chia Seeds
Any added Vitamin like "C" "B"
** Hemp seeds, Chia seeds, and flaxseed will be great boosts to add to your smoothie for extra omegas, proteins, and antioxidants.

Questions
If I want to adjust the challenge, can I?
Taking the challenge is a time to focus and get more than the usual amount of fruit and veggies into our bodies. Therefore, if adjusting the challenge still meets this focus, then by all means, feel free.  Of course you can adjust to do what works for you. With that said the challenge focus here is to have two meals a day and snacks that are nothing but fruit and veggies, using the smoothies as a way to maximize the intake, and then one meal of normal, real, healthy food. If you want that to be breakfast instead of dinner, then by all means, do what works for you! Remember this is about being free, unchained to live healthy and whole as our created designed us to live.

What is the best way to do the smoothie if I am working? Will it keep well if I make ahead?
Taking it to work would totally be possible, by making extra the night before or even morning of, and putting it in mason jar with a tight lid. You want to make sure you fill it to the top and close the lid tight:). The smoothie's texture will change a tad from when you first made it, but it is definitely doable and worth it. You will also need to shake it at least 5-10 times before opening, so that it mixes back up as it will start to separate after sitting for a while. Oh, and I would recommend not keeping it more then 72 hours. It just doesn't taste so great, plus it has longer to oxidize and loose the nutrients.

If you work outside the home, I might take two smoothies and a salad with some type of beans included in my salad for protein each day. That way you could have your smoothie and salad for lunch and have an extra smoothie for your drive home or anytime you get hungry :).

Can I alternate between fresh juice and smoothies?
Absolutely! Just make sure you are either making your juice at home or buying it knowing that it is pure, cold pressed, NEVER pastured, and fresh juice with no sugar or additives. The Evolution brand is a great brand. Starbucks now carries it too, however its much less expensive at a grocery store! You can also stop into a Whole Foods, Sprouts, or other like store for fresh pressed juice. Just make sure you ask as buying processed juice really destroy the challenge of P2X. Juice and Smoothie bars are also very popular and are popping up everywhere so check your area. If you are in the Fort Worth area the Juice Junky is great option for a Juice bar that I recently found and LOVE.  Here are some questions to ask at the local juice/smoothie bar….

Smoothies and Juice:
Is it made with real fruit and veggies (only get it if it's real fruit/veggies)
Is it cold pressed and un-pasteurized
Is there anything added to it besides the fruit/veggies? If milk is added ask for water or a plant based milk, like Almond.

Thanks for the great questions. Let me know if you have any more! There is a tab on the right side of the  blog under the title Labels and then click on the word SMOOTHIES or JUICES for some Smoothie and Juice recipes if you would like. So excited to start this adventure with you all!

Go get those greens;) 

4 comments :

  1. Count me in! I'm ready for the challenge!! Let's go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah girls! I am STOKED to have you girls! You may want to "follow" the blog to get email updates. So proud of you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just followed the blog. Also, had my green smoothie for breakfast! Off to a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!