Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 9: Juice Fast

Breakfast: today for breakfast I had a cantaloupe spinach and cucumber gym. It was so refreshing and delicious! Some reason I have found that I like something in the morning:)!
Lunch: Carrot Cucumber Combo
Snack: Evolution juice 
Dinner: 

How I am feeling: today I am feeling really good as the last few days! We had a celebration for our sweet friends who adopted three beautiful girls today. It was so inspiring and I am so grateful for the way God is opening my eyes to appreciate life and the daily blessings he gives us!

During the party there was a lot of food, and I did find myself near the and desiring some of it but again I did not feel deprived because I could not have it. It was so I was completely content knowing that my commitment was worth the effort, and that I would be able to eat again.

It is amazing how God is giving me insight and opening my eyes to how much perspective and a heart of gratitude to him makes a huge difference!
Realizing that there's so much more to life than food. I know that sounds silly, but so many of us if we stop and take the time to think about our concerns with eating and food! It's the culture that we live in, but it's also the way we choose to focus on it. My husband once heard a quote that said, "what you give attention to give power to."

I always believe this quote, but through this fast God is revealing more and more how much we give attention and focus to the food instead of really enjoying the environment or the people around us. Of course we all need to eat, and that's not to say we can't enjoy eating! 

Prayer Focus:
My children's relationship with each other and God
My dad's healing and pain
God to reveal and change me in areas he needs to

Motivation today:
Celebrating an amazing adoption
Encourage through my time with Jesus 
Knowing that I am only 1 days away from completing a goal!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!