Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 4: Juice Cleanse

Hey! Hey! Day 4 here! Yes! Praise God I made it over hump day! 
Today I made all of this juice with the stuff I purchased last night. 
I made Joe's mean Green juice from his book Reboot with Joe: I'm not a huge fan of it, but I was able to get it down. I am realizing that I really don't like ginger! So I'm trying to introduce a little at a time, and pray God changes my pallet for it. I know it has major health benefits!  The picture below is a glass of mean Green that I had for breakfast!
SNACK: Between breakfast and lunch I had 2 juices, from yesterday, each about 4 to 6 ounces.

LUNCH: For lunch I had been green mixed with some carrot juice. I really don't love the mean Green, and I know it's because of the ginger. I'm going to try a lot less ginger the next time I make the mean Green. But adding carrots to it really helped me enjoy it!
DINNER: For dinner last night I made another quick juice in addition to what I had made earlier today. I needed a change from the mean green:), and the change was great and delicious!
SNACK: After dinner I had another big glass of juice before bed and I am drinking tons and tons of water!!

Quick Notes:
* Drinking tons of water in-between juices
* More satisfied today, and gaining strength
* Doubled My water and Juice intake today
* I am feeling more energy and less headaches, but still a lingering headache
* Soaked in the bath with some essential oils and read my new Reboot with Joe book so relaxing
* No bowl movement today, but lots of visits to the bathroom.
* 3:30 to 6:30 is the hardest time of the day for me!
* I want to eat, but knowing that the benefits are worth it!
* T25 Workout

How I am feeling:
The hardest part of my day today was making dinner for my family. I mean something that I really enjoy eating, in the smell alone was difficult for me.

Prayer focus today: 
* My Dad's Pain after the accident
*Wisdom as I prepare for a health class
* God's Peace
* Family protection 
* Travel Protection

Motivation Today:
* Prayer and time in God's word
* Focusing on people vs food
* Laughing with my kids
* Playing soccer tomorrow! 

Each day seems to be getting a little stronger mentally, and I am surprised at how your body can have energy and function with Juice. It's not that I didn't believe it; it's just that I am in awe of the way God has designed our bodies!  Thankful for the end of day 4 is complete; Thank you Lord!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!