Monday, February 24, 2014

5 Reasons to Eat Less Meat: and Spegetti dinner

**Recipe below**
 I am currently apart of the Engine2 challenge, and meeting at whole foods where we are sharing recipes and advice on eating plant based. Last week the chef made this recipe from the E2 diet and it was great!
******
The more I learn the more I realize the benefits of not eating and consuming large amounts of meat. There are so many studies out there showing the danger of meat, it's link to cancer, and other chronic disease.  Especially with the way the majority of meat is processed and raised, it is beneficial to limit it or remove it entirely from our diets. Two great resources to read up on are The Engine2 Diet and My BEEF with Meat by Rip Esselstin. 

~5 Reasons to Eat less or No Meat~
    1. Legumes, beans,  dark leafy greens, veggies and super foods like chia, hemp, and flax seeds have plenty enough protein for our body and healthy development!
    2.  Easier on bowels, digestion, and family budget
    3.  Consider Man's first diet….it was without meat (Genesis 2)
    4.  Proves to provide strength and true nourishment: Daniel  (Daniel 1)
    5.  Lessens heart decease,  and other fat and artery clogging decease including risk of cancer

No judgement if you do eat meat, I simply want to share the jewels the Lord has taught me. By no means do I believe you are less spiritual or in sin if your eating meat. I do however wish someone would have shared the danger of such food to my body and mind earlier in my life. So this is why I share it with you! The choice is yours! I love you regardless! 

Here is that recipe I promised…
Meatless Spegetti 
The NO Meat sauce is inspired from E2 recipe and I altered it a bit 
1 medium yellow onion chopped very small
8 oz wild mushroom
8oz white mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
4oz tomato paste
1 large can tomatoes
1 tbs dry oregano
1 tbs dry basil
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp pepper (I only used about 1/4tsp)
1 tsp honey (you can use 2 or more dates instead)
16 oz cooked whole wheat or pasta of choice

Direction:
cook the onion in a nonstick skillet on high heat for 3 mins. Add chopped mushrooms and garlic, cook until mushrooms begin to release their juices. Stir in tomato paste to brown. Add tomatoes, and juice, breaking up as you add them. Add vinegar and honey, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Add seasonings. Let simmer for 5 mins. Serve over coded pasta. 

Salad: 
Mixed greens 
Kale
Lemon or lime
Tomatoes
Avocados 
Pine nuts

Directions: add mixed greens and kale to bowl of your choice. Slice avocado in half and scoop into the mixed greens. With very clean hands, remove rings, squeeze and gently mash the avocado into the salad as to become the dressing. Add the remaining chopped ingredients and squeeze half a lemon or lime over and toss. Top with the pin nuts and serve! 

Thanks for coming by! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!