Monday, April 1, 2013

Plant Based Pantry

Health is something I have become more and more passionate about through the years and I am so thankful to the Lord for the little ways He helps give me an interest in caring for His temple. Now let me just tell you that I am definitely not perfect and have much to learn and far to go, but each new piece of knowledge I am praying God allows to be used wisely and with His leading and guiding.


As I have shared in a previous post Tu, my sweet husband, bought me the Engine 2 book and I have been learning so much about the benefits of a Plant Based Diet through this book, friends, documentaries, blogs, and prayer. God's timing is amazing! Because we were on a eating out fast it made attempting to eat more plant based foods a little easier. However, I have been buying a lot from the bulk section at Whole Foods and had little bags of beans, rice, etc in my pantry. I then decided I needed to clean out the pantry and reorganize! Eating (any meal) plant based does take some planning ahead and organization, but the health benefits are worth the effort! As I was praying for balance and overall wisdom of this new journey the Lord gave me this idea for pantry organization...


 I had almost all of these jars and had labled them with stickers (you can see that post here), but then when I wanted to change the content of the jar I had to scrap stickers off and add new. But then there was Chalkboard Paint! Oh if you don't love chalk board paint you will after this! :)


Although it was a bit messy I was very pleased with the way they turned out. It was definitely a project, especially with the nursing, feeding, potty, and cuddle brakes I had to take in between as I juggled the kids and this project, but it was well worth it and I am LOVING my system now. 



 Okay. Seriously! I may as well collect glass jars! Ha! These are all the ones I painted! I know! That's a ton of jars, huh? In one day! Yeah! I love when I can complete a project in a day! With 4 kids including a nursing baby that is complete accomplishment! Oh yeah!


So here is how I did it if your interested....

I measured to see about what size shape I wanted on each size jar and then used my Cricut to cut out a shape.

 I kept the stencil that was left, wrapped it around the jar and secured it with tape. Any exposed area I covered (and taped) with news paper. Then I sprayed each jar with the chalkboard paint, let it dry a little (not all the way) and removed the paper. Any area I needed to touch up I used a Q tip with some toenail polish remover and touched up the shape.


 This organization helps to implement more plant based meals at home.
 A plant based pantry is time consuming, but totally worth it!  
Now when we buy bulk it's so much easier to store it.  

Hope your find this helpful for healthier organization! :) Thanks for stoping by. Blessings to you all!
Linking up here: http://www.joy-n-jesus.blogspot.com/p/link-it-up.html

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!