Friday, March 22, 2013

Gluttony

It's not very often you hear a sermon preached on Gluttony. I just recently listened to this online and was very blessed! A great reminder that NO other god's should be before GOD!!!!
One thing the pastor said that stuck out to me, and really you can apply it to any area of life, is this challenge....
    *  Do we talk about food (or fill in the blank) ______________ as often and with the same passion, zeal, and enthusiasm as I talk about Christ.
    * When others meet me do they know I am passionate about Jesus or do they first see my passion for something else. Food, nutrition, my marriage, children, sports, photography, art, money, etc.
 
Man, do I want people to know that I am in LOVE with and passionate about JESUS 1st! Lord forgive me where I have not done this and allow me to make your name known!  You are so worthy!

Listen yourself when you get a chance. I would love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.thevillagechurch.net/sermon/defining-gluttony/
http://www.thevillagechurch.net/sermon/defeating-gluttony/

Have a Joy filled day!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the links. I am listening to the sermons right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the first sermon and shared it on google and on Facebook. Thanks. It just confirmed what God has been saying to me. I have been praying about my weight and wanting to get to a point where I took what God was telling me to heart. I think listening to this sermon (and I will listen to the next one too) really confirmed what I have heard. Now to put into action what God is telling me to do. Thanks again for the encouragement you have given by posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!