Sunday, November 20, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup


Happy Monday to you all! It's almost thanksgiving; can you believe it? Yeah! I am so excited and want to include three things I am thankful for today before I get into my "Make it Monday" post.
1. Weekends! I am thankful the Lord has given us the weekends to enjoy time with family and friends!
2. Free sermon downloads: They are such a blessing when kids are sick and you can't make it to church you still can get fed God's word at home! 
3. My husbands! His perseverance in school is inspiring! 

~Onto Making Monday's~
For those of you who may not know, I have a love for a good soup and salad. My recent favorite is Butternut Squash Soup. My hubby took the kids and I to this yummy bakery cafe near us for our girl's 3rd birthday and you want to know what I ordered for breakfast? Yep! Butternut Squash Soup! And I loved every minute of it! Yum!  Yum!  Yum!

Last year I had my first attempt at trying this yummy soup from scratch. And this year I altered the recipe a bit. I wanted to share it with you! It's a perfect thanksgiving treat! Hope you enjoy! Ingredients listed at the bottom.
~Cut the Squash in half and remove the seeds~
 ~Place Squash "inside" down on a baking sheet with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water~
 ~Roast on open fire or bbq 1/2 Red Pepper~
 ~Saute 1/2 cup of onions in 1/4 cup veggie broth
 ~Blend the ingredient in a blender and add to large pan~
 ~Serve and enjoy~

Ingredient:
2 Butternut Squash
1 cup chopped onions
2 cups Veggie Broth
1/2 cup Almond Milk (you can use whatever kind of Milk you prefer)
1/2  Fire Roasted Red Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Nut Meg
 Pepper to taste

Bake squash in oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until soft.
Combine in pan milk, broth, and turn on low.
Combine sautéed onions, Red Peppers, Squash, and 1/4 cup water in blender to mix. The consistency should be think.
Pour blender mix into broth mix and cook until heated through. Add spices, top with a bit of coconut sugar, cinnamon, and thyme.

May you be filled with the joy of the Lord as you celebrate all that you have to be thankful for!

Linking to:
Mouthwatering Monday
Made with Love Mondays
Craftomaniac Mondays

3 comments :

  1. This is still my firm favorite soup of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Praise the Lord im totally going to make this I love soup and salad for Lunch and with this cold season even better :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jewels! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! Your children are adorable! You have such a beautiful family! I love butternut squash soup, but I have never tried making it from scratch. You make it look so easy, so I'm anxious to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring such Joy! Thank you!